EU/UK Naturals: Use Lola’s Green Hair to sell unwanted products!
I need to share something about Lola’s Green Hair. For those who don’t know, Lola’s Green Hair is owned by the lovely Lola Zabeth (who is also a great mixtress and blogger!).
Having hair products that you’re not going to use is frustrating. It takes up space and it’s just waiting to expire (money wasted). Lola’s Green Hair allows you to sell brand new and even partially used hair products… it’s sort of like an eBay for hair care.
I stumbled upon Lola’s Green Hair months ago and was kind of sad at the thought that we don’t have a UK version of it.
Lola’s Green Hair has a new and official twitter now and I was reminded of the sad thoughts that I had months ago (sad, yes, I’m this serious about hair care products).
Lola responds with:
Then a lightbulb switched on… we EU and UK ladies can indeed use Lola’s Green Hair to get rid of our hair products and earn a little bit of money in the process too.
So how does Lolas Green Hair work? According to the website:
- You must register/login if you haven’t already done so.
- Click the orange ‘post an ad’ button.
- You will then be guided through 3 simple steps to submit your ad, including the option to upload images (highly recommended—ads with pictures sell quicker).
- Your ad will be posted immediately.
- To make changes to the add, click ‘My Dashboard’ (upper right-hand corner).
- Click on your ad. Use the social media icons at the bottom to Tweet, post to Facebook, and use other channels to spread the word about what you’re selling!
- You will be notified of potential buyers via email. Note: Your email address will never be visible to potential buyers. Inquiries are sent via the ad’s ‘contact’ form.
- To respond to purchase inquiries, open the email message completely (not in preview pane) to see the potential buyer’s email address.
- Email buyer at this email address to discuss and confirm purchase details.
- Request payment from buyer (typically done through PayPal). Here are two helpful links: How to Set Up a PayPal Account, Request Money Through PayPal.
- Once payment is received, take your ad offline by clicking the Pause (||) icon for the ad in your dashboard. This way you will not get further requests for a product that is already sold.
- Deliver product upon receipt of payment.
- Put the money from your sell into your 401(k).
- Congratulate yourself for being so smart!
- Head over to LolaZabeth.com for some fresh-picked DIY hair care recipes!
- Click on the ad that you are interested in.
- Click on the ‘contact’ tab to the right of the product description.
- Complete the form to send a message expressing your interest to the seller.
- Send payment (typically through PayPal) to the buyer. Here are two helpful links: How to Set Up a PayPal Account, Send Money Through PayPal.
- Try to contain your excitement while waiting for your package to arrive.
- Pat yourself on the back for being such as savvy shopper!
- Head over to LolaZabeth.com for some fresh-picked DIY beauty recipes!
Why didn’t I think of it before?
If you’re selling, you’ve got full control over where you want to ship it to. If you’re UK based or even EU based, you can write ‘UK and/or EU shipping only’ (unless you want to ship it elsewhere). It’s that simple!!! I feel like I’ve made a brand new discovery.
But there’s a problem; we need more sellers/buyers in these regions so that we can sell/buy quickly!
So if you’re like me (you need to get rid of a lot of hair care products but you want some money in return) sign up and give it a go! I’d love to give my products away for free but I need to make a living.
I’ll make use of Lola’s Green Hair sometime in the future. But I am hoping that more UK and EU naturals will make use of this service.
6:00 pm • 1 August 2012 • 1 note
Winner in AfroDeity giveaway!
I’ve been on a winning streak! I’ve pretty much won every giveaway I have entered so far this year. However, I didn’t even know I won a runner-up prize in a giveaway AfroDeity had on their Facebook a while ago.
The lovely Leilu from AfroDeity couldn’t get in touch with me via Facebook and tracked me down to my Twitter to get my contact details. She was really sweet with holding my winnings for as long as she did and going through the effort of getting in touch with me. I was also impressed by the prompt delivery.
So what did I get? Sample sizes of Jane Carter’s Solution!
Moisture Nourishing Shampoo
Condition & Sculpt
Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
I haven’t tried all of Jane Carter’s products but I loved their Nourish & Shine and I’ve tried the Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner which seems promising.
The leaflets which I received as well:
Business card with contact details
They stock The Original Edgestick and Sunny Isle JBCO
The different types of JBCO AfroDeity Ltd offers
Their variety of oils in detail
The letter, so sweet!
As far as I know, AfroDeity are the only ones in the UK selling Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil. They also stock Jane Carter Solution products, Naturally Thinking and The Original Edgestick (I think they are the only ones who sell this in the UK). They also stock Pendeza Tights which come in a wide range of skin tones.
I also made the discovery that one of their Sunny Isle JBCO stockists is in Birmingham!
Alpha & Omega Hair Designs
32, College Road, Handsworth Wood,
Birmingham, West Midlands B20 2HX
Tel: 0121 554 0222
I could just travel and get the JBCO when I need it, without paying for shipping and delivery and waiting for it. For more stockists, click here
How to follow AfroDeity for offers/updates/giveaways?
Facebook: AfroDeity Ltd.
AfroDeity also has a really cool blog with hair tips and more. There you can access their online store, product reviews and Leilu’s truly inspiring hair journey.
Happy hair journey! ^o^
4:19 pm • 9 July 2012
Naturally United: Celebrating All Things Natural
Weeks ago I wrote a post about Naturally United. I attended the event on May 13th and overall, it was an enjoyable and positive experience. I helped out a lot at the event so I didn’t really get the chance to listen and participate in the workshops but there are a number of people who were at the event and have posted reviews of the event on the Naturally United Facebook Page.
Everything I got in the goody bag (except the Jane Carter range, I won that!)
What I purchased on the day (not the Shea Bliss).
After the workshops they had a series of giveaways with many wonderful prices. I won the Jane Carter range, but swapped the Twist & Lock and the Curl Defining Cream (16oz) for Shea Bliss Moisturising Deep Conditioner by BeUnique (that someone won, along with other products of the BeUnique range). I swapped those two because I already have a lot of styling products which I don’t use much at all at the moment, so products that would be of greater use to me, such as a deep conditioner, are always welcome.
What I won:
Jane Carter Solution:
Jessicurl (o.5oz/15ml sachets);
Organic Root Stimulator
That is all for the goody bag! It was a wonderful goody bag with samples I have never encountered before (Jessicurl and Jordan’s Treasures), so I was pleased with it. I’m very likely to give some of the samples away for other people to try. I will be keeping some of the samples and see where in my regimen I can try them.
The organiser of Naturally United event is also planning to come out with a box of samples of hair products and also their own online store this summer. Be sure to sign up to their mailing list for more information and also for the launch dates; Natural Boudoir and Rosebox.
9:45 pm • 22 June 2012 • 1 note
Deep conditioning my #naturalhair using #naturallysexy deep conditioner. I applied this to washed damp hair and covered showercap with microwave heated towel. (Taken with Instagram)
10:53 pm • 21 June 2012
#SheaMoisture Purification Masque. Calms my scalp down ;) #Naturalhair #teamnatural (Taken with Instagram)
10:05 pm • 19 June 2012 • 1 note